Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Who is Olivia Ong?

Ever since I was a kid I really love listening to bossanova songs, there is something that this kind of music makes me feel relaxed and even gives me a strong positive vibe though it’s not really my favorite music genre. When I come across with this Olivia Ong, there is something in her voice that is giving me chills so I tried searching her name on Google and I found it in Wiki with a little information about her.

Olivia Ong is a Chinese Singaporean singer; she is 25 years old and started her singing career with her first release album “A Girl Meets Bossanova” on March 2005. Olivia sings mostly in English though she also has some Mandarin Chinese recordings on some of her recording albums.

She has signed to a Japanese recording company S2S Pte Ltd at only 15 when she has won a singing contest. Olivia, along with 2 other Singaporean girls formed the Japanese pop group, Mirai. One of their songs became the theme song of a Japanese anime titled Gensoumaden Saiyuki. Olivia moved to Japan to continue her studies as well as her career as a solo artist. Olivia became a big hit back home in Singapore after she sang the theme song of the drama serial, "The Little Nyonya". She had stated that her paternal grandfather is Peranakan.

No comments:

Post a Comment